Monday, February 23, 2009

Priceline Does it Again!

While planning an April trip to Phoenix we needed to rent a car. Being a Hertz Gold Club Member we first went to the Hertz website to see what price we could get. For the week that we needed the car the price, including service charges and taxes, was going to be more than $500.
Even though we’re loyal Hertz customers, this was just too much to pay. I got on Priceline.com, ready to accept a rental agency that, in my opinion, is not as professional as Hertz. I put in a bid of $18 a day, and with service charges and taxes the total was $221. That was more like it!
I hit the key to confirm my bid, and waited a minute or two while the computers searched cyberspace for a willing company. And low and behold, I got my price! Not only that, I got a Hertz car!
Once again, Priceline has come through for us. We’ve used it for flights, hotels, and cars, and have yet to be disappointed.

No comments: